What's the purpose of ITIL?
ITIL focuses on automating processes, improving service management, and integrating the IT department into the business. The framework accommodates and answers to modern technology, tools, and software. Since ITIL’s last update, the IT department has grown to become integral to every business and the new framework accommodates this by being more agile, flexible, and collaborative.
What are the ITIL guiding principles?
ITIL contains seven guiding principles that were adopted from the most recent ITIL Practitioner Exam, which covers organizational change management, communication, and measurement and metrics. These principles include:
Focus on value
Start where you are
Progress iteratively with feedback
Collaborate and promote visibility
Think and work holistically
Keep it simple and practical
Optimize and automate
ITIL focuses on company culture and integrating IT into the overall business structure. It encourages collaboration between IT and other departments, especially as other business units increasingly rely on technology to get work done. There is also a strong emphasis on customer feedback given that it’s easier than ever for businesses to understand their public perception, as well as customer satisfaction and dissatisfaction.
How ITIL helps your business
A well-run business that manages risk and keeps the infrastructure humming not only saves money but also enables everyone in the organization to do their jobs more effectively.
ITIL provides a systematic and professional approach to the management of IT service provision, and offers the following benefits:
- Reduced IT costs
- Improved IT services using proven best practices
- Improved customer satisfaction through a more professional approach to service delivery
- Standards and guidance
- Improved productivity
- Improved use of skills and experience
- Improved delivery of third-party services through the specification of ITIL or BS15000 as the standard for service delivery in services procurements
- Helping businesses manage risk, disruption, and failure
- Strengthening customer relations by “delivering efficient services that meet their needs”
- Establishing cost-effective practices
- Building a stable environment that still allows for growth, scale, and change
About Plow Networks
Plow Networks is a leading IT services provider, connecting businesses to technology since 2012. With deep expertise in network, cloud, and end user support services, we partner with clients to leverage technology in ways that simplify operations and fuel growth. Plow Networks is based in Brentwood, Tennessee.