This year marks the first year of the Plow Networks Leaders of Promise Program. The program awards high school seniors scholarship funds to be used toward their higher education. Eligibility criteria includes being graduating high school seniors, planning to enroll (or already enrolled) full-time as a freshman at U.S. college for the 2019/2020 school year, and demonstrating ambition, self-drive and leadership skills.
The program is open to 12th grade full-time students who are attending high schools located in Davidson and Williamson County. Essays must be submitted by students on one of the topics provided by Plow. Financial need could be a consideration when selecting between equally meritorious candidates.
What does it take to become a Leader of Promise?
Our scholarship winners are known as Leaders of Promise. They are ethnically and economically diverse, but they share these qualities:
- Ambition and drive
- Determination to set and reach goals
- Respect for self, family and community
- Ability to succeed in college
Who is eligible?
Applicants to the Leaders of Promise Scholarship must:
- Be United States citizens or legal residents living or claiming residency in the Greater Nashville area
- Demonstrate ambition and self-drive as evidenced by outstanding achievement in school, community or work-related activities
How to apply
Applications for the 2019 program year will be accepted from January 1, 2019 until April 30, 2019, or until 50 applicants are received.